Well, let’s take a look at how each is beneficial and how they can be detrimental and based on that we can make the best-educated choice. We will break down what an SEO employee is entitled, what an SEO agency does, and the pros and cons of both. They each have their pros and cons but maybe one is adequate for your business than the other, it depends on your needs.
An SEO employee is somebody that is hired to learn various aspects of online marketing is asked to complete specific tasks. Some of these tasks may include using search engine optimization techniques to increase website traffic. The employee may also need to cover a variety of marketing areas such as: content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, and banner advertising.
• Salaries of employees can be kept relatively low.
• An employee can be trained to be highly productive in the specific areas that they are trained to do.
• Someone with SEO experience can be an asset to a smaller business especially if his services are cost-effective.
• An employee will be more familiar with the company that it works for than an external agency.
• Employees will add more value to you over time as they gain more experience and will be able to do their work with greater quality.
• Spending time training people who may have little to no experience with SEO may not be the best investment.
• Employees only know what is taught to them and may not be interested in staying up to date with the most recent marketing techniques.
• Hiring an employee that does not work out can be a setback to your SEO campaign as they can cost you the money that is invested into their supplies and training as well as the compensation given to them.
An SEO agency is an external person or team of people that are hired usually temporarily to manage the specific SEO requirements of a company. Hiring an agency gives you access to people with a specialized set of skills. The members of the agency will likely complete the same tasks as an SEO employee, but the main difference between the two will probably be the cost.
• Agencies have access to expensive marketing software.
• A team of individuals have experience in one or many aspects of SEO.
• It is less expensive to hire an agency than to train your employees individually, to achieve all of the same results.
• Eliminate the risk of hiring employees that may cost you money in the end.
• SEO agents are constantly looking for the newest trends and adapt to the modern marketing.
• Great for large companies that can afford to pay an agency to manage all of their SEO and they don’t have to invest time and money in the training of a new department.
• Agencies provide a different perspective that may prove to be useful, they are more market-oriented and they know how to connect your expertise with the understanding of consumers.
• Agencies usually have expertise in more than one type of marketing.
• Can be expensive for companies that do not have a large budget for SEO
These are some of the pros and cons that can be considered when choosing to hire an SEO employee vs. an SEO agency. The overall main point that should be considered is your needs and which one of these fulfills them the most.