The growing popularity of the Internet has enabled all law firms to create and develop their brand and expand the availability of their services on a regional or nationwide level.
Being effective in the law firm marketing is one of the biggest challenges for small and medium law firms in the USA. The majority of clients of law firms are using the Internet to learn some basic information about the legal services they need.
Wouldn’t it be great if potential clients looking for legal services found your firm from search results?
In order to achieve this, your law firm needs two things:
A responsive attorney website and a good attorney internet marketing strategy.
If your law firm already developed a high-quality website with a friendly user experience, then forming a solid online marketing strategy will be the next step. Depending on the level of your knowledge (or employee’s knowledge), you can do it yourself or hire professionals to do it for your law company.
The following are some effective tips for law firms that are looking for effective marketing strategies. These tips will help attorneys to increase the firm visibility for your desired audience.
- Build a responsive law firm website: As of April 21, 2015, Google demotes websites that were not responsive. The term responsive means that the website is mobile-friendly and shows up properly on tablets and mobile devices such as cellphones and tablets.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is necessary to be present in search results and get website visitors. If your website is not optimized, your website will not be able to rank in Google for certain keywords.
- Your law firm website needs both on-site and off-site optimization. There will be no results if only one is done without the other. On-site optimization means fixing the meta tags, internal links, blogs, and the articles posted on the website. Off-site optimization means link building, writing articles to post on other relevant blogs, and press release.
- Start SEO as soon as possible. The longer you wait, other law firms (competition) will achieve more in Search Engine Optimization and will be ahead of you in search results. Without traffic coming to your website, it is dead.
- Check Your Website’s Competition. Look through other people’s websites that rank on the first page for your keywords on different search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Evaluate their content, links, meta tags and check the website’s usability (look and feel).
- Set up your own marketing goals. You do not need to copy your competition’s model. Maybe certain SEO strategies give good results for one website, but this doesn’t mean that it will be equally successful on other websites.
- SEO doesn’t bring instant results. The results of your work will be visible in one or more months. Meanwhile, work on online as well as other forms of marketing to see which methods work best for your website.
- Setup a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Budget: Let’s face it, without the paid advertising you will not get the quality clients you want. SEO alone will position your law firm website on search engines; however, Pay-Per-Click gives you the option for your website to get an immediate position that you are looking for.
- Never think to yourself that your site is complete. It is desirable to improve your law firm website all the time. Writing a law firm blog, publishing relevant news, adding new information about legal practices, court practices, and your new experiences. These are only a few options potential clients will learn about your professional qualities even before the first contact is made.
- Use and adjust Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a very powerful tool in the world of SEO. It will give you valuable information about visits to your website, sources of the visits, as well as other useful parameters such as the number of unique visitors and the time of the visits.
- Create content for your potential clients and not for search engines. It is important to create content that will be relevant to your potential clients. As already mentioned, people want to know how you can help them solve their legal problems. There is no point in creating content that will rank you high if it is not useful for actual clients. Go for the clients, not the search engines.
- Setup Social Media Channels: Different social media channels are very popular among Internet users today and are a strong tool that you should implement into your law firm. These channels are great places for sharing your ideas or blog posts about your law firm. If you haven’t done so already, create different pages for different social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and many others. Make sure your website link is displayed on these platforms so people can see where to go visit if they are interested in your website. It is important to also make social media icons visible on your website so that people can follow you if they are on your website. These social media accounts not only establish you as the authority of the business but also allows you to bring in more traffic to your website.
If you happen to need help with law firm marketing, just make sure you choose Search Engine Projects as your first choice. Their knowledgeable and experienced team have years of experience implementing strategies in website development, usability, PPC Advertising, and many other methods that work effectively for many startup law firms.
Free Consultation | Contact Us 1-888-669-6961